Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Authors: Md. Rasheduzzaman, Md. Rasheduzzaman
Keywords: : Chandpur, Fishermen, Income, Marketing, Socio-economic
Issue Date: Dec-2022
Publisher: Chattogram Veterinary & Animal Sciences University
Abstract: Fishing is the major source of income for all of the fishermen. They reside in a separate location and lack a permanent home and land in Chandpur sadar upazila. The report's goals were to evaluate the socioeconomic situation of fishermen, identify the variables that affect that situation, and comprehend the fish selling system in Chandpur sadar upazila. Total 112 fishermen from the Chandpur sadar upazila were randomly chosen to participate in the current research. Data were gathered using structured questionnaires and in-person interviews. Various focus groups discussions with fisherman were held while data was being collected. In this study, the highest number of fishermen belonged to the age range of 36–45 years, which was 43.75%, and the lowest number of fishermen belonged to the age range of 26–30 years, which was 6.25%. The study revealed that, only 0.89% of fisherman had a higher secondary degree, according to the report, and about 53.57% of fishermen were illiterate. The levels of their various assets were incredibly low. Most fisherman earned between Tk 30,000 and Tk 35,000 per month. About 33.9% of fisherman earn between this ranges per month. Additionally, it was discovered that the majority of fishermen roughly 61.60% were dependent on Govt. hospital for treatment. The majority of fishermen do not own their own fishing equipment, such as boats, trawlers, or ships, whereas just 13.39% do, according to this survey. Approximately 80% of the fishermen in the Chandpur sadar upazila capture hilsha fish all year long, while the remaining 20% catch various varieties fish species. The study found that 70.54% fisherman totally dependent on fishing and 71.43% fisherman catch fish throughout the whole year. Five to six intermediaries made up Chandpur sadar upazila's fish selling channel, based on observations obtained in the research regions. It is advised to provide fisherman with national and international financial assistance, institutional support, and employment possibilities to help them improve their standard of living and escape poverty.
Appears in Collections:Thesis-MS

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Cover and Cont.docx108.95 kBMicrosoft Word XMLView/Open
Rashed Thesis.docx913.78 kBMicrosoft Word XMLView/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.